Friday, January 31, 2014

APAD- Day 31- My friend Ron

If you have ever been to Big Stacy Pool in Austin, Texas between the hours of 8-10 am, then you have probably spoken to my friend Ron. I met Ron about 5 years ago when I was first trying to teach myself how to swim. Now whenever I can and whenever I get off my butt, I try to make it down to the pool.

Stacy Pool is an awesome place if you have never been, you should check it out. It is an outdoor pool, that is heated by an Artesian well during the winter. So outdoor swimming all year round among nature and the trees, yes please!

I have always wanted to take this picture, although in my mind, I envisioned something slightly different. You see, in the winter when conditions are just right, there is this amazing fog above the water and swimming there in the morning is pure bliss. I had hoped that this morning would be a nice foggy one, but alas I think it got too warm for that! 

3 comments:

Doppler Photo said...

Is the abacus for counting laps? How long does he usually spend swimming?

thao said...

Yes! Ron uses it for laps. I want to say he does 20 laps pretty much every day. When I swim I typically take 1-2 hours depending on how much I stay and chit chat. I would take it Ron generally spends about 2 hours or so of his morning at the pool!

Unknown said...

Nice photo! He reminds me of my grandfather. Never let his age prevent him from swimming.

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise