Sunday, March 26, 2006

End of the day

So sometimes you realize that you've been doing work and haven't taken your picture of the day. Self portrait, can't go wrong there!

Lefteris Piarakis
. I've metioned Lefteris many times but I don't think that I have ever actually made him my photographer of the day yet. What I admire about him is that he holds firmly to his photojournalism ethics. He told me stories on many occasions where photographers would move things so that it would look better in a picture... like at a funeral move the direction of th e deceased persons portrait so that it faced whoever was coming to the casket (or something similar to that)... and he just couldn't shoot it... and he told his boss why he came back without the picture that he was sent to get. Very much an admirable trait for a photojournalist.

0 comments:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise